Know the Real hawOo...

Welcome to my very own blogspot. Well, enjoy!

Note:
All entries in this blog are not copy-pasted unless specified. It's what I think of them and I see of them. Any resemblance to any sites is not intended by the Administrator. Thank you.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Photo Challenge Day 5!

A favorite memory. Oh, boy. This is, by far, the mostiestest, difficultiestest challenge. I mean, how could you have a favorite memory? But, ok, I’m gonna try to rack my mind, the innermost part of my memory, and look for something that I could label as my favorite. Let me see…
How about this...


Forget about the people in the picture. They’re not the focus of my favorite memory. Look at the building instead. That’s Capul Agro-Industrial School’s Vo-Ag Building (Edukasyon ang Solusyon according to Sec. Lapus). And come to think of it, up until now, I never knew the meaning of Vo-Ag! How silly of me. So, uhm, let’s try to come up with something that best suit the name of the building. Is it Voracious-Agree? Or Vocabulary-Agitation? Whatever. It doesn’t matter anyway. I grew up calling the place Vo-Ag. So, I think it’s better to keep it that way.

Anyway, that’s my favorite memory. Not only that I spent a lot of cool time with my high school friends at that particular building, it’s also the same building that witnessed me emerging into a full-pledged Youth for Christ! Along with 59 other participants. See? That’s something you may consider favorite. YFC has been and still a great part of my life, and it all started there. The rooms in that building served many purposes. 

Take a look.


Oh, boy! Forget those faces. I mean, they have nothing to do with what I have to say. *<laugh>*. Sorry, you guys. That building to your right served as our kitchen. It’s also the same room that witnessed me eating Ampalaya for the first time! And it wasn’t bad after all. It’s just bitter. And we had no other choice. It’s either you eat and get energized, or not and die! The room next to it was our Mathematics room. And I had a lot of funny memories in there. Oh, high school. Come back please! The room at the far end, the one near that lady in orange used to be the Baptism room. It’s where we were taken to be baptized on that fateful night. Pretty logical, obviously. And in the afternoon before the baptism, we had our confession in there. With Fr. AƱosa, I think. That was really awkward, man. Face to face with a priest. I can’t do it anymore. I’m close to most priests now. That’s just too awkward. I still love confessing with my face hidden.


That’s me! But don’t mind me. And that photo bomber there. Look at your left. The first door belongs to the room that served as our session hall during our youth camp. It is where most of the activities were done, including the five talks and all the crying. There were games too. I remember “Chimmy Chimmy Chummy” and “Buntis na Anay”! Oh, nostalgia! And there were a lot of teaching of songs. But the one thing I learned first (and the only song I learned the entire youth camp) was “Sure Foundation”. A very easy song to remember, indeed. But I know a lot of praise songs by now. I just love listening to songs for God. It takes you to the zone, man. You feel like you’re near heaven. Oh. Heaven!

And if you walk straight, then turned left, you’ll reach the room where we slept for two nights. The room that witnessed all our craziness. It used to be our Senior Filipino room. I don’t know if it is still Filipino room now. You see, Vo-Ag is shaped like a U. with a concrete path at the center separating two Kalachuchi trees. And directly opposite to where we were eating was our barracks. Our sleeping room. I couldn’t find a photo of it, though. Sorry!


So that’s it! Day 5 done! Don’t forget to comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to know how you feel about this post. So do not be shy, feel free to comment. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.