Know the Real hawOo...

Welcome to my very own blogspot. Well, enjoy!

Note:
All entries in this blog are not copy-pasted unless specified. It's what I think of them and I see of them. Any resemblance to any sites is not intended by the Administrator. Thank you.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Nokia?! Android?! Heck Yeah! Nokia X, Nokia X+, Nokia XL!

I’ve heard about it. I’ve read about it. Wished for it to happen. And it did! Nokia launched its new range of Android-powered smartphones via Nokia X, Nokia X+, and Nokia XL!




I still remember the time that possessing a Nokia 3310 would get you to the top-list of most popular dudes in the campus. There were “Whoa! Is that 3310? Awesome!” here, and “Can I touch your Nokia 3310?” there. Games like Snake, Pairs, Bantumi and Space Impact were the coolest and most addicting games ever. Comparing high scores in Snake was a trend back then. And over time, Nokia offered more. And people liked them. Until, of course, Apple and Samsung and other big names in the tech business came into the picture. Android and IOS took the limelight. Nokia, sad to say, was left behind.

Cellphone has been a great part of my life. Without it, I can’t say that my life is complete. It made living 200% easier! I still remember, when Android and IOS were just beginning to gain popularity, I remained stubborn and, well, strong-willed never to change my brand of cellphone. I even bought Nokia E6 even though there were a lot of Android-powered devices available in the market already at that time. But as time goes, I felt left out. My friends were talking about stuff I didn’t recognize, well, because I don’t know Android yet. Or IOS. Things like Instagram. And so, I said goodbye to Nokia and bought my very first Android device. And, boy, was I happy! Android has a lot to offer compared to Nokia phone (even when Lumia series with Windows for OS came in). I just can’t blame people from turning their heads down to Nokia.

But, finally, Nokia X, X+ and XL are here! But don’t get excited just yet. Though these devices are Android-powered, Google Play Store is not available. Apps you usually see in the Play Store may not all be included. Apps are offered still via Nokia App Store.  But, no sweat. Nokia pointed that there is a high level of Android app compatibility. And these new devices’ UI looks Windows. Plus pointer, huh?


But look at that. That is how the Nokia App Store might look like. There’s Hill Climb Racing and Benji Bananas! What more could you ask for?


Nokia X
Nokia X+
Nokia XL
Display
4 inch ISP LCD, WVGA (800x480), 233ppi
4 inch ISP LCD, WVGA (800x480), 233ppi
5 inch ISP LCD, WVGA (800x480), 187ppi
Processor
1GHz Dual-core Snapdragon S4
1GHz Dual-core Snapdragon S4
1GHz Dual-core Snapdragon S4
RAM
512MB
786MB
786MB
Storage
4GB + MicroSD (32GB)
4GB + MicroSD (32GB)
4GB + MicroSD (32GB)
Camera
3 MP rear
3 MP rear
5 MP rear LED flash, 2MP front
Battery
1500mAh
1500mAh
2000mAh
Connectivity
Dual SIM, Bluetooth 3.0+HS, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Micro USB
Dual SIM, Bluetooth 3.0+HS, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Micro USB
Dual SIM, Bluetooth 3.0+HS, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Micro USB
Dimensions
115.5 x 63 x 10.4 mm
115.5 x 63 x 10.4 mm
141.4 x 77.7 x 10.9 mm
Colors
Black, Blue, Green, Red, White, Yellow
Black, Blue, Green, Red, White, Yellow
Black, Blue, Green, Red, White, Yellow
Software
Nokia X 1.0
Nokia X 1.0
Nokia X 1.0
Price
€89 / $120
€99 / $139
€109 / $149

Quite a specs, isn’t it? It’s up to you.

Photo credits to androidauthority.com

1 comment:

I would like to know how you feel about this post. So do not be shy, feel free to comment. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.