Know the Real hawOo...

Welcome to my very own blogspot. Well, enjoy!

Note:
All entries in this blog are not copy-pasted unless specified. It's what I think of them and I see of them. Any resemblance to any sites is not intended by the Administrator. Thank you.

Monday, June 30, 2014

Photo Challenge Day 33!

I think this is the first time the challenge wants me to post a photo of something that is so recent. Like a-while-ago later. But I'll gonna comply, of course. Today, I went here...



That's the National Kidney and Transplant Institute or popularly known among taxi drivers as 'Kidney'. I went with my mom for a clearance. You see, she got complications with her kidney and the only way to save it is through dialysis. The only drawback is, well, it's, like, for forever. But, no sweat, and no need to worry, she's quite strong. Wonder Woman cannot even compare.

In order to do the dialysis, she underwent a minor operation where a tube-like thingy was installed in her shoulder. I just don't know where that tube goes. Every time she's up for a session, tubes from the dialysis machine are connected to that thingy in my mom's shoulder. And the whole dialysis session takes four hours. However, this is temporary. That thingy in her shoulders should only be used for a month or so. If used more than its duration limit, infections are possible. That's why she underwent another operation called fistula creation on her right arm. Now this is for forever. That's why we need clearance from her doctor to remove that thingy from her shoulders and use the fistula instead. Thus, the journey to NKTI. (I'm sorry, but I tried to explain it clearly, but I'm no doctor, so deal with it :D)

After waiting for like 5 hours, finally, mom got her clearance. For her next dialysis sessions, it's bye-bye time to that thingy in her shoulders. Sayonara :D

And now it's time for me to release this overwhelming feeling that's been forming inside me while we were waiting for the doctor! FOR FIVE FREAKING HOURS! I don't know much about doctors and how busy they are, but I really think making patients wait for hours for a 10-minute or so talk is just way too not good (I managed not to say bad words :D). I mean, come on, these are patients we're dealing with! Patients that are enduring God knows what kind of physical pain! Why make them wait?!? *<Blood Pressure 240/120>*
Oh, my... I need a doctor! *<LOL>*

All right, I'm okay now. Good night everyone :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to know how you feel about this post. So do not be shy, feel free to comment. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.